NCTE Member Gathering 3.29.22

"Speak it or write it - what is good - put it out into the universe."

Yolanda Sealy-Ruiz


I just wanted to record some of the genius I heard today at the gathering...



"When you influence anyone, you have to be the work. When you write about love and peace you have to be love and peace." - Gholdy Muhammad

"I don't wake up asking myself how I am going to be an eduinfluencer, I ask myself, 'Gholdy, how am I going to tell the truth today?'" - Gholdy Muhammad

"You build over time and you keep your people. You keep your joy. You keep your family. There was something special put on us to put out a word of truth telling." - Gholdy Muhammad

"It's about this new way of being an academic - futuristic thinking and not allowing all the things that are resisting this work...and it's giving more joy and more truth." - Gholdy Muhammad

"Using the imagination to reinvent." - Yolanda Sealy-Ruiz

"I would love to see NCTE put for a national teacher evaluation. I would like to see us write school board policy. Why are they so quick to adopt these policies - they are going to erase us? Because we never have. So let's make our policy. We need to have that political reach into school boards and state boards. Where we influence their adaptation of mandates." - Gholdy Muhammad 



Comments

Popular Posts